ads

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Reasons Jim Ikye dumped me

She sounded absolutely distraught, and
utterly disconsolate. Her usual
exuberance, the bonhomie which she
wears like a badge of honor was missing
both in her voice and in her demeanor.
She was inconsolable, pained and
emotionally devastated. She had every
reason to feel that way.
ketura
For over six years, she had given her all
to a romance that had been celebrated,
touted and written about as one that
was made in heaven. For six years, they
had projected the image of a blissfully
happy couple that could do no wrong.
Her boyfriend of six years– the one that
is famously referred to as the 'Nollywood
bad boy', Jim Iyke has finally acted out
his moniker and it is not pretty at all.
"These days, I ask God: Why has thou
forsaken me? How can a man with whom
we had gone through the highs and the
lows-a man who had professed so much
undying love for me over the past six
years just walk away like that? I don't
know what happened and I wish I could
put a finger on it," Keturah had told me,
sounding sad and exasperated.
Their romance was strong, and Jim had
spoken severally of plans to walk down
the aisle with her. He had told me a
number of times that in Keturah, he had
found "a perfect mate – someone who
was "sexy, intellectually curious, exotic
and edgy." Keturah was known all over
the world as Jim Iyke's girlfriend – a wife
in waiting. They had traveled round the
world together, and she had stood by
him through most of the scandals that
have continued to trail his professional
and private life. Not
even when another woman claimed to
have dated Jim Iyke and later accused
him of battering her and a business deal
gone awry which was amplified in the
media, she didn't threaten to end the
affair.
Keturah Hamilton, the Jamaican-born
actress, model and business woman was
the partner tailor-made for Jim Iyke. She
had accepted and tolerated all of the
actor's 'foibles, issues and challenges'
and was determined to stick with him
through thick and thin."And then…Just
when we thought the wedding
invitations will soon be mailed out; just
when we thought the loving duo had
reached a point of no return in their
relationship, the news broke out that the
story book romance had ruptured; that
the center of the relationship could no
longer hold. Jim Iyke had 'bailed' out of
the affair and appeared to have acted
out some of the elements in their joint
reality show "Jim Iyke Unscripted." He
was said to have ended their six year-old
affair in a most emotionally callous way.
He simply walked away "without even a
phone call" recounted tearful Keturah.
"He took away six years of memories, of
support of love and all that I did for him-
just like that. How mean and callous can
one get?
Keturah also recounted how Jim Iyke
used and dumped her. "Jim was
supposed to come to New York and stay
for six months, during which time, he
would go to an acting school here in New
York and then we would move to Los
Angeles and get married and pursue our
acting dreams. I was looking forward to
that with eagerness and then he just
walked away."
Asked what could have been the reason
for such a change of heart, Keturah said
"We had problems like normal lovers do,
but we always resolved them amicably. I
know there was something Jim asked me
to do, which I didn't want to do right
away. But that should not have made
him to do what he did."
However, when pressed to reveal what it
was that Jim wanted her to do, she said
it was personal.
Keturah said she feels used and
dumped. "I played along in the reality
show as if I truly was a jealous and crazy
lover. It was an act, but now I feel as if
Jim set me up. He is a wicked man. I
stood by him through all his troubles and
tribulations. I helped bring him to the
limelight when the light of his career was
dimming. He is an ingrate and I leave
him to God."
One thing that seems to have pained
Keturah more than anything else is the
rumour making the rounds that Jim left
her for the Ghanaian actress, Nadia
Buari. "That is the rumour I have heard
and I know it is not just a rumour. They
have been hooking up in Ghana. They
were together at Tuface's wedding and
appear to be everywhere together. I just
can't believe Jim would be this
ungrateful – after all I have done for him.
I have not been able to accept this and I
am truly in a state of shock. If Jim could
treat me the way he did, after six years
of being there for him, supporting him,
encouraging him in all that he did, then I
wish Nadia the best of luck."
Meanwhile, Keturah has moved on with
her life. "I am a strong woman and I am
moving on with my life. God cannot give
you that which He will not provide you
the platform to stand and deal with. I
wish him the best in his life."Efforts to
reach Jim Iyke for his own side of the
story was abortive as his telephone lines
were all switched off. But we will strive
to get his own side of the story next
edition.
Post a Comment